Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Non-Representing Representatives

I'm disheartened this morning. I have many FaceBook Friends of which I have networked with who have like minds. It helps me tremendously in this crazy world to know and realize that I do not stand alone with my views in regards to Politics, Love of Country, and my Conservative values. The Birth of America - is one of the best "Love Stories" of all times. I learn so much from my friends that I have networked with - it's astounding. The best gift that we can give eachother is the Gift of Prayer. However, Knowledge ranks right up there as most important. I can not thank my fellow friends enough for giving and sharing with me in their Knowledge, wisdom, their views and their friendship.

I oppose Obamacare. It's that simple. It's unconstitutional, it goes against our way of life; it goes against our freedoms and our liberties - when we are indeed a Free Represented Republic. I will not go into all the details of Obamacare as I have read most of the ludicrous Bill. I will only say this - there's a hell of alot more going on in that Bill - then just healthcare for the poor and the children.

Altmire, My Representative, voted No to Obamacare. I wrote him often and I called his office often - I did infact have his phone number on speed-dial. He responded back to me with a letter; which I was shocked he even took the time to answer me. In the letter he explained that he voted No, because it was what the majority of his Constituents wanted. He went into Congress not for personal gain; but to be the voice of the People from our district in Washington. While, He's Democrat - From that little letter he gained some of my respect. He chose to look beyond the party lines and the backlash of his supporters who wanted Obamacare and listened to what ALL of his Constituents wanted. After all, the majority does win in this country, correct?

I read an article on one of my friend's walls. It peaked my interest as it was a repeal letter for Obamacare. 34 Democrat Politicians voted No for Obamacare on March 21, 2010; Congressman Altmire included as 1 of those Democrats. I posted that letter on Congressman Altmire's FaceBook page a couple of days ago. I went back this morning to see if anyone had commented on the letter or if perhaps Congressman Altmire commented on it himself. I was astonished and deeply saddened to see that all posts from November 6, 2008 to present day - have been completely erased and deleted as if they never existed to begin with.

The only comments that remain on Congressman Altmire's FaceBook Page are congratulatory comments from his victory win in November, 2008. Could it be that Congressman Altmire truly thinks that "Out of sight, out of mind" tactic is going to work on the majority in my District? What does that say about this Free Represented Republic that we live in? It is in direct hypocrisy of the personal letter I received from Congressman Altmire.

I urge all Americans to not remain silent about the Obamacare. Keep on your local Representatives to get this repealed immediately. Our health can not withstand government involvement. The government has failed at every single thing their hands have touched. 34 Democrats said No to Obamacare. Do they think that since they simply said No on March 21, 2010, that their work is finished? I believe the No vote should stand for Not then, not now, not ever.

Americans, Silence is not an option. Silence is acceptance; I've said this many times - We can not allow this ObamaNation to continue to strip us of our rights and our freedoms. Freedom is not free; we must fight for it everyday. All it takes is for 1 person to stand up and be heard. You would be surprised how many begin to rise and stand with you.

Here is the letter I'm speaking of that I posted on Congressman Altmire's FaceBook Page.

Copy this and send it to your local Representatives. Together, United can we seek the change this country so desperately needs. Change it back to the Constitution; change it back to our state's sovereignity, change it back to the will of the People. God, Guns and Guts is how this country was founded. It does not hurt to constantly remind our Representatives of those facts. Stand with this American Made Woman.


From: "Michael A. Needham, Heritage Action"
To: (Name and email removed)
Sent: Fri, August 6, 2010 6:52:15 AM
Subject: Heritage Action Reaches Milestone in Campaign to Repeal Obamacare
Heritage Action Reaches Milestone in Campaign to Repeal Obamacare
Dear (name removed),

It has only been seven weeks since Heritage Action launched our national campaign to repeal Obamacare and we have already reached a major milestone. Back in June, we set a goal of achieving a near unanimous (96%) support among House Republican for a discharge petition that would force a vote on repealing Obamacare. As of today, we are thrilled to be able to report to you that we have accomplished that goal.
This is a critical step towards forcing Speaker Pelosi to unclench her fist and allow a vote on repealing Obamacare. In addition, our campaign has brought Obamacare back into the national dialogue – a step that supporters of Obamacare have sought to avoid through measures like the recess appointment of Dr. Donald Berwick without even having hearings on his nomination to head the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.

Unfortunately, not one Democrat has signed the discharge petition, even though 34 of them voted against the legislation in March and many more opposed the legislation even as they voted for it. As I said today in an article by National Review Online, “The fact that not one of the 34 Democrats who voted against Obamacare has signed this petition should lead voters to ask these congressmen if they now endorse Obamacare's implementation.”

Heritage Action is turning up the heat on the liberal supporters of Obamacare.
To those Democrats who still oppose Obamacare, it’s time for them to join with the majority of Americans and fight back. For those who now support Obamacare’s implementation, we will go in to their districts and make it very clear to their constituents that by refusing to sign the petition, they are choosing Nancy Pelosi and blind party loyalty over the will of the people.

It is time for clarity on this issue. There is nothing moderate about so-called Blue Dog Democrats siding with Nancy Pelosi instead of their constituents.
To achieve victory in this new phase, we will need your help to bring the heat. Over the course of August and in to the fall, we will apply pressure to these Democrats by organizing grassroots efforts, deploying targeted advertising campaigns and utilizing cutting edge online tools designed to expose the hypocrisy of members who want to have it both ways on this issue.

At Heritage Action, we are excited to partner with you as we enter this new and exciting phase of our campaign to repeal Obamacare.
Thank you for everything you are doing to fight for America
Sincerely,

Michael A. Needham
Chief Executive Officer
Heritage Action for America

No comments:

Post a Comment